Monday, January 16, 2012

Review: Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow quad in Moonlit

Happy Monday everyone! If you've been the the drugstore lately, you've probably seen the displays for the new Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow quads. They claim to have 16 hr wear time and come in a range of colors from brights to neutrals. I picked up #555 Moonlit for myself recently and here are the swatches and my thoughts.
Top: shimmery pale white, shimmery true taupe
Bottom: satin nude, satin dark brown with a hint of green





After being swatched. Yes, I got my nail into the nude shade. I took this photo to show the texture of the shadows.




swatched with no flash, no primer

In the pan, these colors are beautiful neutrals, which are my favorite kind. I called the top two shades "shimmer" because they are not quite a frost but do have more of a sheen/shimmer than the bottom two shades. The bottom two weren't quite matte. I'd say more of a satin but someone else may think differently. Either way, it's a nice change from most drugstore palettes which are normally all shimmer.
The color payoff w/out a primer isn't that good except for the darkest shade. I think that's the case with most shadows though. I always suggest using a primer. You'll get the truest color, not to mention making your shadows last longer. I did wear this quad for the first time yesterday. I wasn't overly impressed. I have other Revlon Colorstay shadows (in the older form) and think they perform much better. As I've found in more than one case, the taupe shade is sort of "gritty" to the touch and looks better in the pan. If you've tried any of the new quads, let me know what you think of them.

1 comments:

My Daily Journey to Share said...

Im going to have to give this a try! Erica

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Loading...

Stay Connected


Miss Crystal Makeup YouTube Channel

Email Miss Crystal

Follow Along

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved